Community celebrates grand opening of Fitness Center
Published July 02, 2012
PHOTO: Board of Directors Chairman John Plovie and President & CEO Lisa Hardy cut the ribbon to the new Fitness Center.
On Monday, July 2, the Emerald Heights community gathered to celebrate the grand opening of the new Fitness Center, nearly one year after construction began. The new, approximately 12,000-square-foot Fitness Center — more than twice the size of the previous building — features:
- A 30' x 60' swimming pool with zero-gravity entry (ramp system) for lap swimming and aquatic exercise programs;
- Jacuzzi spa;
- Exercise class room for popular group classes, like tai chi, yoga and aerobics;
- Equipment room with state-of-the-art Keiser fitness equipment for both strength training and cardiovascular exercise programming;
- Men’s & women’s locker rooms; and
- Spa with massage therapy room and salon services (hair care, manicures & pedicures.)
A large crowd gathered to witness the ribbon cutting and then take a tour of the new space. Residents quickly joined in the water aerobics and chair aerobics fitness classes, and tried out the new, state-of-the-art fitness machines.
The Fitness Center will be a highlight of the Annual Open House & Tour of Resident Homes, scheduled for July 21.
Read the Redmond Reporter's coverage of this event here.