Our mission guides our decision-making on every level
Emerald Heights is operated, not for profit, but to fulfill its mission of service, while remaining true to its core values of integrity, stewardship, empowerment, faith, change and choice.
Our mission is not just a statement on a piece of paper. It's a guiding force that shapes our decision-making on every level.
Based on our Christian heritage and values, to be the preeminent provider of full-service, not-for-profit, retirement community living in the Puget Sound region.
Guided by Christian principles, Eastside Retirement Association is a proven leader in the development and operation of not-for-profit, new-generation retirement communities and services and remains dedicated to creating:
- Caring communities of residents, staff and volunteers that feel like home.
- Stimulating social, spiritual and intellectual programs and services.
- Innovative senior living designed to help all our residents enjoy life to its fullest.
Emerald Heights provides opportunity and encouragement for residents to experience life with dignity and purpose within a Christian environment by:
- Developing a strong caring community and spirit of sharing and mutual benefit.
- Encouraging resident participation through effective use of the residents’ council and committees.
- Providing a full spectrum of meaningful activities and programs.
Emerald Heights meets resident needs through a viable continuum of housing, support and health care services by:
- Closely monitoring changing trends and external factors that impact the provision of care and services.
- Listening to suggestions from our residents, their families and our staff on ways to improve life at Emerald Heights.
- Attempting to influence legislation and regulation that impact continuing care retirement communities, through our affiliation with LeadingAge (formerly American Association of Homes and Services for the Aging) and Aging Services of Washington.
Emerald Heights provides opportunities for residents and staff to interact within the Emerald Heights community, the City of Redmond, and beyond by:
- Establishing joint resident/staff committees.
- Establishing close ties with community facilities such as Redmond High School.
- Developing community outreach services and programs consistent with our mission.
Emerald Heights recruits, develops and retains competent and caring staff who share our Christian principles, values and standards by:
- Maintaining open communication and stressing teamwork that build up the spirit of community.
- Providing opportunities and programs for continual personal and professional development of staff at all levels.
- Developing standards of performance for evaluation based on position descriptions.
- Providing fair, competitive compensation and benefits.
Emerald Heights practices responsible stewardship by:
- Maintaining relevant management information/accounting systems.
- Ensuring budget accountability and monitoring at the department head level.
- Being efficient and effective in the delivery of programs and services.
- Encouraging and increasing charitable contributions to meet benevolence needs.
Emerald Heights is committed
to the following values…
We honor all commitments
We manage financial, physical
and other resources in the
most prudent manner.
Residents, staff, board and others
are involved as appropriate
in making decisions.
As a community based upon Christian
values, we welcome people of all faiths
as residents and staff as we work to
create an inclusive climate for faith
expression, respect and compassion.
We are open to change,
not for its own sake, but to fulfill
the organization’s mission.
We provide residents with options
for individual choice.